Our first foray in to 4Play was January 9, when more than 2,000 people helped heat up winter in a way only MSP can.
HERE'S ALL THE WAYS WE 4PLAY'ED JANUARY 9.
– You've heard of a biathlon, a pentathlon, and a decathlon, but you've probably never taken part in an ARTathlon, an artist-created exercise course. Strap on your art boots and warm up to discover surprising installations and activities in the park. Complete the full course and return to the main tent to claim your ARTathlon medal!
– Heat up in the Little Box Sauna
– Ice Fish and Winter Bird Watch with the National Park Service
– Take a hike with the U.S. Forest Service
– Learn what the heck is a quinzee with Wilderness Inquiry
– Take part in Minnesota N*ICE Breaker games and activities hosted by Saint Paul Hello
– Sip hot chocolate complements of the Jeffers Foundation
– Have S’more Conversation with Impact Hub MSP
– Find out if you and your dog are a perfect match for skijoring with Midwest Skjorers Club
– See the creation of ice globe luminaries with Wintercraft
– Lend a hand in setting MSP up to become the first ‘Sports Epic’ snowball event (200 people needed for 2:00 p.m. game), followed by @Minnstameets capturing a creative image of the entire group in attendance
– Sing and dance with the Coro Flamenco Street Choir
– Plus music, bon fires and more.
A valid state park vehicle permit is required ($5 daily, $25 annual). Permits can be purchased at the Fort Snelling State Park Office.
GETTING TO FORT SNELLING
Just announced: join Break the Bubble for the official post-event happy hour from 4:30-7:00 p.m. at Public Kitchen & Bar in Lowertown St. Paul (229 6th St E St. Paul, MN 55101)
Tell us you're in and help spread the word.