Thanks to all who joined us for the biggest playdate of the summer.
Check out the gallery on Flickr.
And Follow Kai Chan, recent Minnesota newcomer, as he takes on Minnesotan summer activities at Summer 4Play.
Summer 4Play included the following activities:
- Learn the right strokes kayaking with REI
- Pick up tips and tricks to standup paddle board with the University of Minnesota- Recreation and Wellness
- Come together with old or new friends for time trials in Wilderness Inquiry's 10-person Voyageur Canoes
- Experience art in the park convened by Northern Lights.mn
- Hop a bike and explore the park with a National Park Service Ranger
- Take a hike with the U.S. Forest Service
- Hang out in a hammock and learn how to camp in style. Gear provided by REI and hosted by the University of Minnesota - Recreation and Wellness
- Lure a catch fishing at the dock
- Play adult versions of your favorite kid pastimes like human foosball and Twister, along with tug of war and a "water breaker" balloon toss hosted by Saint Paul Hello
- Build your own snowcone with the Jeffers Foundation
- Play a pick up game of volleyball on the lawn or swim at the beach
- Eat summertime fare from food trucks on our community picnic blanket hosted by Eat for Equity and Impact Hub
- Dance the day away with DJ Strangelove sponsored by Red Bull